The South East European University Department of English Language and Literature is proud to announce an essay competition in honor of World Autism Awareness Day.
Today—2 April—is World Autism Awareness Day, a day to promote understanding, research, and inclusivity of those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
To participate in that goal, and to advance public discussion of Autism awareness, the Department of English Language and Literature announces today an essay contest, with possible topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Social and Cultural Inclusion of those with Special Needs
- Special Needs in the Classroom
- Communicative Difference
- Otherness in Society
The essays should be typed, between 750-2000 words long, and in English. Participating students may work individually or in groups. The contest will close at midnight on 30 APRIL 2019. Essays should be submitted by email to email@example.com. The subject line should be: ‘Autism Awareness Submission.’
Essays will be assessed by SEEU English staff for their clarity and logic of presentation and structure; appropriateness to the topic; thoughtful use of sources and evidence; and the linguistic quality of the English language employed.
- The author(s) of the first place essay will receive a prize of: 3000 MKD.
- The author(s) of the second place essay will receive a prize of: 2000 MKD.
- The author(s) of the third place essay will receive a prize of: 1000 MKD.
Winners will be formally recognized, and the prizes given, Friday, 17 May, on the Tetovo SEEU Campus.