Prof. Dr. Zamir Dika in the International Conference on Computer Engineering and Applications (CEA '10) at the Harvard University, USA8 February 2010
In the framework of World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS) on January 27-29, at the University of Harvard, Cambridge, USA was organized the 4th International Conference on COMPUTER ENGINEERING and APPLICATIONS (CEA '10).
Prof. dr. Zamir Dika – Pro-rector for academic issues at South East European University successfully presented the research paper entitled “Semantic Multicast Notifications: Increasing information timeliness and efficiency with ad-hoc mapping of operational events and organizational data”. This paper was also published in the proceedings of the Conference and selected among the best 30% of the papers and is invited for additional publication in the WSEAS Journals.
The paper is a result of a research conducted from Prof. Dika and Visar Elmazi, on the topic of notification systems in group collaboration which are very important for the efficient knowledge management in the University information systems. As the optimal solution, authors are proposing Ad-Hoc Semantic Multicast Notification System based on contemporary trends of computer architecture and databases that are non-relational, distributed and horizontally scalable (the NoSQL initiative), using modern messaging technologies as e-mail, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc. The results of this research are representing a solid foundation for intelligent targeting of the users of information in the institutions of Higher Education, which can lead to improvement of the information systems performances, mainly in terms of quality and timeliness of the information. Thus, in this rapidly changing environment of HE, the quality of services can make a difference in this competitive market and gives to this research area the additional value.
- Dr. Dina Modestus Nziku lectured to the SEEU students
- Rector Abdylmenaf Bexheti together with the Director of MVDSI, Veli Kreci and Mennan Selimi visited the prestigious University of Birmingham
- At SEEU the Fair for children with special needs was held
- A panel discussion on the gender (in) equality in the prism of property rights and economic violence against women was held
- Тhe doctoral conference of Albanian and English Language and Literature was held at SEEU
- SEEU and the Fund for Innovation and Technological Development signed agreement for the opening of the Virtual Reality Laboratory for Architecture
- Over 100 scientific papers at the 6th International Scientific Conference on Business and Economics