The First International Scientific Conference: Contemporary Challenges of Multiculturalism and Language Policies
16-17 May, 2014
Hosting Institution: ScientificInstitute “Max Van der Stoel”, South East European University, Tetovo, Macedonia.
The aim of the conference is to assemble researchers, language teaching professionals, sociolinguists, and other experts to share research insights and discuss the theme of multiculturalism. The theme of multiculturalism will be viewed from the perspectives of various disciplines: cultural studies, language policies, learning and acquisition, foreign language teaching, linguistics, literature, education science, political sciences and nationalism studies.
Requirements for presentations: Accepted papers will be assigned 30 minutes: 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for questions and discussion. They will take place in 2 hour slots (4 papers), structured in parallel sessions.
· Abstracts should include no more than 200 words and 5 keywords. Abstracts accompanied by the professional CVs, please send to: email@example.com
· The conference language is English.
· All abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by the scientific committee. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by 30 April 2014.
· Models of Multiculturalisms in South East Europe
· Language policy in South East Europe
· Language Policy and the Economics of the workplace
· Multilingualism in educational settings
· Official Language Policies inSouth East Europe
· Multilingualism and Educational Mobility
· Language Policy, Implementing the EU Strategy “Europe 2020”in South East Europe
· Language Didactics in a Multilingual Environment
· Linguistics and Multilingualism
· Cultural Challenges
· Challenges for Identity
· Literature and Multilingualism
· Official Language Policies
· Multiple language acquisition in multilingual contexts
· Multilingual majorities/minorities
· Multilingual cultures
· Multilingualism and social integration
· Educational language policies
· Multicultural communication of the XXI century
· International Communication Approaches
· The role of social media in promoting multiculturalism
· Multiculturalism as reflected in the legal systems of South East European countries
· Constitutional provisions and multicultural realities in South East Europe
· Designing and implementing public policies in relation to the contemporary challenges of multiculturalism
Selected peer - reviewed papers will be published within conference proceedings.
April 25, 2014 – abstract submission
April 30, 2014 – notification of acceptance
Participant fee: 40 €. This fee includes conference material, reviewed publication of selected articles, coffee-breaks and two lunches.
The fee for participants attending the conference without presentation is 20 €.
Registration without abstract will be open until April 30, 2014.
Participant fee should be transferred to the following bank account:
BANK NAME: STOPANSKA BANKA
SWIFT Code: SWIFT BIC: STOBMK2X
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0009009090
PURPOSE OF PAYMENT: Participation fee for the multiculturalism conference
Scientific Institute “Max van der Stoel”
South East European University
st. Ilindenska n.335, Camp.Bldg.201.01.01
Tetovo, Republic of Macedonia
tel: ++389 44 356 210
Conference organizing committee:
Prof. Dr. Andrew Goodspeed (USA)
Prof. Dr. Peter Rau (Germany)
Prof. Dr. Mario de Matteis (Italy)
Prof. Dr. Ferit Rustemi (Macedonia)
Prof. Dr. Gëzim Xhaferri (Macedonia)
Prof. Dr. Benjamin Keatinge (Ireland)
Prof. Dr. Kadri Metaj (Kosova)
Prof. Nina Gjoci- Kukeli (Albania)
Mr. Demush Bajrami (Macedonia)
Doc. Dr. Agron Rustemi (Macedonia)
Prof. Dr. Martin Berishaj (Slovenia)
Doc. Dr. Veronika Kareva (Macedonia)