Call for Papers
Governance in Public Sector: Challenges and Perspectives
Extended to 14 April, 2018
South East European University,
Faculty of Public Administration and Political Sciences jointly with the Institute Max van der Stoel within the South East European University organizes an international conference from 4-5 May 2018. The conference will take place at the main University campus in Tetovo, Macedonia.
The conference, titled "Governance in Public Sector: Challenges and Perspectives" provides opportunity for a reflection on challenges and perspectives in achieving good governance principles in public sector leading to successful public administration reform. Within the foreseen panels during the conference three major themes will be elaborated further. Namely, one of major challenges of understanding the importance of governance rests within realm of capacity of political leadership and structural/organizational setting of local governance. What is the role of political leadership in envisioning future developments challenging current state of affairs? Secondly, how much the existing organizational structure is supported by means of professional education in public management? Finally, what directions should the public administration reform activities take in order to fulfill good governance indicators?
The conference aims to bring together scholars with research interests in governance issues in general, doctoral candidates dealing with complex issues of governance and public administration reform activities, and professionals from the sector. The conference will be composed of three main panel sessions exploring above mentioned thematic sessions:
- Session 1: Political Leadership and Local Governance
- Session 2: Public Administration Reforms
- Session 3: Public Management and Policy Education
Paper Proposal Procedure:
Candidates can submit paper proposal (abstract) in English for one of these sessions above until March 26, 2018. Acceptance notifications will be sent out April 5, 2018.
All accepted and presented papers, after final revisions will be published in book of proceedings of the conference. In addition to that all selected papers based on recommendations by the panel chairs will be considered for publication at the SEEU Review. SEEU Review is an international, peer-reviewed, open-access, online scientific journal published by South East European University in the international academic publisher De Gruyter. It is the official research journal of South East European University.
More info at https://www.seeu.edu.mk/en/research/seeu-review
Final version of the papers for consideration for the publication in SEEU Review and in book of proceedings must be submitted by June 1, 2018.
What to include in your paper proposal:
- Name, affiliation, mail address
- The Session where you want to be allocated
- Title of the paper
- Abstracts (not longer than 250 words)
All paper proposals should be sent out to the following email address:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and Payment:
The conference fee is 50 Euros. The fee includes:
- conference pack
- conference break refreshments
- accommodation organized in the University campus dormitory-Tetovo campus
The conference fee is 1900 MKD for the participants from the South East European University.
Information about accommodation`s options in Tetovo may be provided upon request. You can be accommodated in the University dormitory or we can suggest a few hotels in Tetovo.
All related details about accommodation and payment will be sent out after acceptance notifications on paper proposals.
- Memet Memeti, Dean
- Andrew Goodsped, Provost
- Jonuz Abdullai
- Ali Pajaziti
- Veli Kreci
- Agron Rustemi
- Pajtim Thaci, PhD candidate
- Pawel Swianiewicz, University of Warsaw
- Irena Baclija, University of Ljubljana
- Ana Fenko Bojinovic, University of Ljubljana
- Katarina Staranova, Comenius University
- Hasan Jashari, SEE University
- Veton Latifi, SEE University
- Huseyin Gul, Suleyman Demirel University
- Daniel Kilmovsky, Comenius University
- Philip Murphy, Middlebury Institute of International Studies of Monterey
- Milan Jazbec, University of Ljubljana
- Gordana Djurovic, University of Montenegro
- Sonja Cindori, University of Zagreb
- Afrim Hoti, University of Prishtina
- Aleksandar Stojkov, University of Cyril and Methodius Skopje
- Merita Xhumari, University of Tirana
- Ylber Sela, Tetovo University
- Anca Parmena Olimid, University of Craiova
- Jan Mus, Vistula University