This time of year is commonly more relaxed, because this is not the examination session, and students often use it for reading novels and similar books. Our students are in harmony with global trends of the popularity of novels. The thriller novel ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ is a bestselling book in many countries with over 70 million copies sold.
‘Public Finances’, by the author Prof. Dr. Abdylmenaf Bexheti, was the textbook most borrowed by SEEU students during this period, followed by the Macedonian texts of the author Zhivko Atanasovski. Among the top five books borrowed by SEEU students were other university textbooks, including: European Union: ‘Law, Institutions and Politics’, by Prof. Dr. Abdulla Azizi; ‘Programming in C++’, by Prof. Dr. Agni Dika; and ‘Calculus for Business, Economics, and the Social and Life Sciences ‘, from the author Laurence D. Hoffmann.
According to library statistics, the most borrowed books currently are in the English language, mainly American and English literature.
The Library is well supplied because the new titles are acquired based on syllabi. Students are able to find most of the books in the library which they are required to use during their studies.
Among the titles of new books in the library are:
- The Kosovo News and Propaganda War [printed text] / Goff, Peter, Editor.
- E drejta civile / Abdulla Aliu (The civil rights, Abdulla Aliu)
- Information technology project management / Kathy Schwalbe
- E-business and e-commerce management : strategy, implementation and practice [printed text] / Chaffey, Dave,
- Кензијанска економска филозофија : од Кејнз до денешни дни - Фити, Таки, Author (Keynesian economic philosophy: From Keynes to the present days – Fiti, Taki Author)
According to official databases for monthly usage, the University library is ranked among the first three places in Macedonia.
The SEE University Library is a leader in using electronic online databases in Macedonia, notably EBSCO and other databases. The Max Van der Stoel Library is the only member of the Consortium of the Libraries in Macedonia from among the non-public universities.
Through the online catalogue, students are able to find information related to all the materials which the library possesses, both printed resources and electronic materials.