A Higher Education Quality Seminar
'National Strategy, Institutional Development and Stakeholder Influence'
South East European University, Tetovo Campus
The Quality Seminar brings together key partners in quality assurance, including academic and administrative leaders from Higher Education Institutions in Macedonia, Presidents and members of university Self-evaluation Commissions, members of the Accreditation and Evaluation Board, Ministry representatives, students and student organizations, representatives from employers, international advisors, academics and administrative staff.
The aim is to address the key themes below in a broad, open debate, recognize good practice, reflect on challenges and provide ideas about developing the quality of higher education in Macedonia.
Documents for reading
Key note speakers/facilitators:
- University Challenge – developing real and sustainable quality of provision and outcomes in higher education in the Republic of Macedonia
- Student contribution to quality – role, impact and influence on the educational debate and quality of higher education activities
- National Quality Assurance - strategy, higher education law and the work of the Accreditation and Evaluation Board
- Institutional Quality Assurance – internal approaches and processes, external influences, sharing good practice
- External partnership potential – international QA, employers
- Quality Management – institutional efficiency and effectiveness and the impact of external drivers
- Opportunity for open, thematic debate on the current context and future of higher education in Macedonia;
- Sharing realities, challenges, ideas, solutions;
- Joint Communique publication;
- Follow-on Action Plan for constituent bodies;
- Establishment of a Quality Steering Group or HEAP (Higher Education Advisory Partnership)
Attendance and registration
Please register your details by Friday, 20 May.
There is no seminar fee.
Certificates of participation will be issued, on request at the start of the Seminar and provided at the end. Names of universities and representatives involved in the Seminar will be included in the Communique publication.
None. Lunch is provided. Transport cost for 1 person per institution is provided.
In line with SEEU Mission, the conference languages are, in alphabetical order, Albanian, English and Macedonian. Key presentations will have interpretation and parallel sessions will have multi-lingual facilitation and help with interpretation.
|8.30 – 09.15||Registration and coffee||Rectorate Building BE Hall area|
|09.15 – 09.30||Welcome and overview||BDC||Prof Dr Zamir Dika, Rector SEEU|
|09.30 – 10.00||Presentation – international focus||BDC||Colin Tusk, Director EQAR|
|10.00 – 10. 30||Panel questions Discussion||BDC||Heather Henshaw Quality Advisor, SEEU|
|10.30 – 11.00||Break||BDC entrance area|
|11.00 – 11.40||Presentations – national and institutional focus||BDC||Gorazd Rosoklija, Thomas Olsson|
|11.40 – 12.20||Panel questions Discussion||BDC||Heather Henshaw Quality Advisor, SEEU|
|12.20 - 12.30||Comfort break|
|12.30 - 13.00||Plenary||BDC||Rector, SEEU|
|13.00 - 14.00||Lunch|
|14.00 - 16.00||Drafting Communique||BDC||Presenters, Facilitators, Reporters|
General information, travel and accommodation
The seminar will take place at:South East European University
Tetovo Campus - Rectorate Building
Illindenska 335, 1200 Tetovo
The University is located in the city of Tetovo, approximately one hour’s drive from Skopje on the Skopje-Ohrid highway. There is parking on campus and there are usually taxis immediately outside the campus. Buses run regularly to-from Tetovo to Skopje and other regional/local bus stations.
In line with South East European University’s Climate Action Plan, we encourage you to use public or shared transport.Behare Qerimi
Phone: +389 (0)44 356 082